Friday 25 October 2013

If You Have Never Read Good Horror Now is The Time

If You Have Never Read Good Horror Now is The Time.
Horror, spooky and spine tingling scary stories are not my usual choise of genre to read as I snuggle down to bed each eveing, but sometimes it is just as good to find yourself out of your comfort zone in a different style of book as it is in other more energetic activities.
Yvonne Mason gifted me two hard copies of “Satan’s Holiday” as a thank you for my contribution to the anthology. As I read the chilling stories within I became even more honoured to be included amongst such incredibly creative authors. Some of the stories are so creepy you’ll find yourself glancing over your shoulder or leaving on a night light,….. just to be safe! Satan's Holiday cover0001
One had such a great twist I didn’t see coming that I re-read the story with delight once the truth was revealed.  Another almost brought me to tears, it was written with great intrigue and historical facts but also with tenderness and sincerity. Set in ancient Scotland in the early days of Samhain I found this story fascinating especially as I am always captivated by all things to do with my Celtic heritage. I would love to tell you more about this amazing story but no “spoilers” here! :)
This is not a book for the faint hearted and certainly not for children. Even though by choice I am a Children’s author, I wrote my ghost story to challenge myself in an alternative genre and am pleased it has been so well received. “A Renovator’s Delight” won its first award in an online writng competition for Halloween in 2012 and is now published in this amazing anthology alongside so many other inspirational wonderfully frightening short stories. Renovators Delight Picture0001
If you are interested in a good spooky Halloween this year, or a great scare any other time of the year, why not give “Satan’s Holiday” a try…….you might just be surprised!
Available as an ebook at http://www.amazon.com/Satans-Holiday-ebook/dp/B00FJOYLRK/ref=sr_1_1?s
For hard copies please contact me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment