While Simon is busy making his Gingerbread Aliens his older brother Brian makes Green Slime or as he calls it “Silly Putty Ooze and Goo!” Along with the bread that David is also bakng, the mixtures inevtably get muddled and a whole lot of trouble follows.
After reading the story of Gingerbread Aliens, many kids have often asked me how can they make their own goo? So finally here are a few simple steps to follow so that you can make your very own slimy goo at home.
You will need:1 teaspoon borax powder (I substituted washing soda as my supermarket didn’t seem to supply Borax)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup craft glue (either clear or white) (Elmers Glue/PVA glue)
Green food colouring
- Add Borax to 1 cup of water, stir to dissolve and then set aside.
- Pour glue into a medium mixing bowl and add the remaimg half a cup of water.
- Add a few drops of the green food colouring until the desired slime colour is reached.
- Stir to mix glue solution until smooth.
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture and watch the solids start to form.
- Stir for a few moments and then the fun can begin. Use your hands to gather the ball of goo. The slime at this stage will be very soft and wet.
- Keep kneading it or playing with it between your fingers and palms until it forms into a stronger blob (eeww!!!) and feels somewhat dry.
- Discard excess liquid in the bowl down the kitchen sink.
- The more you knead and play with your slime the firmer it will become. Let it droop and slide, have fun.
- Store in cling wrap, a zip lock bag or an air tight container and it will last and last
Be creative, think of all the things you can do with your Goo, but please clean up after yourself so that mum stays happy/
Take photos of your goo, I’m sure Brian, David and Simon would love to know what you do, …….but stay out of trouble!